Friday, October 30, 2015

Yes To A Cold Beer Connection

What a sense of humor God has. Last night, while I was making donut eye balls for our ghoulish party today, Ron called and asked if I wanted to go have a beer at our beer coop. It was pouring rain outside and I still needed to make coffin corn dip for my students. My first instinct was to say no. I was tired and still had a lot to do HELLO. But I had already let him go to the United Way Hamburger Night alone earlier in the week. Besides I am trying to say 'yes' not 'no' to life. So he came to pick me up and I ran to his truck so I wouldn't get soaked.

The place was packed with Los Alamos chatter. We entered, secured a place after saying hello to lots of friends. Bathtub Row is our version of Cheers where everybody knows your name. But we sat near another couple we didn't know. Soon our conversations were deep. Our love for Christ and others was shared. I have a new Encircling Mom and we all have plans to get together for breakfast soon.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I am glad I said yes to my sweet man. He even put his jacket over my shoulders as we ran back to the truck. That touches me that after a lifetime together he still is such a gentleman putting me first. When we got home he helped me finish up my ghoulish treats and heat up dinner. 

It turned out to be a perfect night because I said yes to my sweet man. I look forward to getting to know our new friends better. She is getting ready to start chemo next week and just had a mastectomy. God's timing. They moved here 6 months ago from Oregon. I hope we can be a support to them through this difficult time. Life connections over a cold beer. Ahhhh.

In Him,
Joyful
10-30-15




No comments:

Post a Comment