Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Son Shining Through Darkness


So why do we beat ourselves up for our mistakes. 
Too often we drown in regret and don't even recognize our right steps.
Each of us exudes kindness more often than we give ourselves credit for.

Yesterday, I had the best conversation with my son.
He struggles.
Some would say he is failing life.
Each time I speak with him he asks me to reach out to others who are hurting.
His focus is not on himself but others.

Yesterday, his focus was on lifting me.
He spent time reminding me of my heart for others, my courage, my path.
I admit I have been wallowing in self-pity and sorrow.
My son reached up from a dark time of his life and brought light and hope to mine.

Sin is sin.
I don't want to spend time judging others for theirs
or getting stuck because of mine.
Their is hope and a future for all of us.

Time to get over my pity party of regrets
and move into my future of sunshine.
My son is wise enough to be the light I need today.


In Him,
Joyful
2-28-16


No comments:

Post a Comment