Saturday, July 9, 2016

My Focus Needs Prayer



Fretting, dreading and wringing my hands.
There are those days I hold my breath anticipating something happening. This week it was something changing in one of my adult kiddo's life. The sad truth is that I was wallowing in 'worse case scenarios.' Rather than looking at the hope in this new situation, I was anticipating the worse. It occurred to me how wrong my thinking was when a sweet friend's response to the change was joy. Her 'Wonderful' comment took me by surprise. Can this be wonderful, a good thing? Absolutely!

I profess to be a prayer warrior, upbeat, positive person. Don't I? But the truth is I get caught up in my fears and let the dark side of those fears control my thoughts. Guess I need to pray for my own thoughts as much or more than I pray for my kid's circumstances.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
In Him,
Joyful
7-9-16

1 comment:

  1. You sound so much like me. A prayer warrior, upbeat but a worrier too. The Scripture is one we need to follow.

    ReplyDelete