Saturday, July 16, 2016

Repurposed Possibility

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.
John 10:10

So why does it so surprise me when life seems to fall into place beautifully? These words are words that have been familiar to me my whole life. I spent last year praying about whether it was time to leave the classroom, staff and families I love to redirect my life. The day before I thought I should make my decision, I knew. I turned in my retirement papers immediately. The last few weeks of school were emotional as I doubted my decision. Two phone calls from families I had worked with later my heart knew there would be life after teaching. 

So my checklist for my next step in life is as follows.
~Support families that have been touched by Autism.
~Work part time with the possibility to take trips with Ronnie B.
~Work around northern NM, not just in Los Alamos.
~Have a new direction before school starts next fall.

I got a call from Centria Autism Services and have an Skype interview next Wednesday. Yes, I am that tech savvy. I hope! They provide mostly in home support for families. It not only checks everything off my list but the lady I talked to said I could not only take time off but that there might be opportunities to see families on my trips to Washington to see my grandkids. 

This may or may not be the right fit for me. What I do know is that there is a right fit out there and I will find it. It would be wonderful to have a new purpose before the school year begins. I know I am going to be sad as others are getting back in their classrooms anticipating the arrival of their kiddos.

In Him,
Joyful
7-16-16

No comments:

Post a Comment