Monday, October 3, 2016

Forgiveness~Healing the Hurt

Our forgiveness is freeing.
When we lay down the chains of anger and hurt
we free ourselves to move forward.
But it is so hard to do.
To truly forgive
others as well as ourselves.
We somehow convince ourselves
That we deserve to carry these negative hates.
We have been wronged 
or have wronged others.
Either way we choose to wallow in it.
Boy what a mud bog it is.

For me there are others I hold strong resentment for.
Justified?
Not as much as I have blown it up in my mind to be.
When I place my head on my pillow 
All the missteps I have taken haunt me and keep sleep away.

Unoffendable
Being unoffendable would keep me free.
Forgiveness 
would set me free.

You just don't let it go.
But could you?
Could I?
What would the process be?
Focusing on the positive?
Honest conversation with another?
Asking for forgiveness?
Healing the wounds.

There are those who I need to forgive,
Those who need to forgive me.
Mostly, there is me needing to forgive myself.
I need a roadmap, model, example, support.
Jesus forgave me.
His word shows me the way.

13 Try to understand other people. Forgive each other. If you have something against someone, forgive him. That is the way the Lord forgave you.
Colossians 3:13

In Him, 
Joyful
10-3-15

Now to pick up the phone and have a healing conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment