Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Too Good To Be True~I'll Risk It

Too good to be true
Or 
A gift and blessing?
Which is it? Are we supposed to be cautious of a wonderful addition to our life? Could being overly skeptical prevent us from grabbing on with our whole hearts to just what we have been waiting for?

To be relatable I should site several examples of how an opportunity can fall in our laps or open a door to a new beginning. Our neighbors two doors down just bought their home a year ago thinking this would be their community for at least a decade. Then her dream job came open to work in Zion National Park in Utah. They packed up and were gone within the month. Seize the day! Another friend had been working long shifts as a nurse at our hospital for decades. When she realized she could make as much money answering phones at the Lab she took the new job and had the time she hoped for with her young family. I was shocked to call for a parent at the lab ad hear her voice answering my call. Her heart is in nursing and she may go back to it when her family is grown but for now it works for her family. I am convinced that she will impact just as many lives with her presence wherever she works. Free nursing advice and someone to talk to matter even outside the hospital. I could go on giving examples of too good to be true blessings  that worked out beautifully But one instance is really on my mind.

Someone I love had her life change at a coffee shop. When she looked up and saw this man's face they both sort of went,"Oh, there you are." Dating the wrong person who just doesn't fit or dating multiple people to try to find the right fit can be exhausting. Just when she was about to give up and take a dating break the perfect guy for her was right there. I am proud that both of them recognized the gift that they are to each other and didn't get all syndical and toss it away as too good to be true.

People tattoo carpe diem on their bodies with the hope that they will seize the day. But when it comes to taking a risk, a leap of faith we often grab our what if attitudes and let an opportunity walk right out of our coffee shop. Of course we all need to protect our hearts and our checkbooks from swindlers. But if we get too careful in life we will lose out on just what makes life worth living. 

A couple years ago I decided to retire from a job I loved working with some difficult but wonderful middle schoolers. Leaving my work family and my kiddos was a tough decision. But my gut kept telling me God had another path for me that would be worth embracing. My life has unfolded just that way. After a misstep with one path that didn't fit, my life came full circle to work with the group that helped my Natalie when she was a preemie with cerebral palsy. Now I am supporting and encouraging other families with babies under three that have developmental needs. The perfect FIT for me meant having faith to step out of my comfort zone and lean into something new.

Too good to be true
May
Be 
Just right for you.

In Him,
Joyful
7-25-17

No comments:

Post a Comment