Monday, July 24, 2017

PUSH Then Accept His Answer

Push
with me.

Pray until something happens.
Push

To often as I pray, I have the outcome I want in my mind before I even reach out for His help. That is my kindof my 'do it my way because I know best' attitude. So this week has been a perfect example of an answered prayer that was received then fulfilled by one who sees outside the box of my thinking. 

Ron and I are getting ready for an enormous remodel. We are basically packing up the whole house and will be living in our new/old RV.  Along with that we have trips planned, jobs to go to, and Lissa to get 8th grade educated. I have been praying for patience for all of us and energy to wear at least three different hats. I figured out a schedule to do online school with her and my job. But I couldn't figure out how I was going to help with the details of this renovation energy or time wise. God always sees the big picture. So here is His solution.

Lissa is staying in Flagstaff this year and living with her Grandma. We talked about how all of us just want her to be confident and succeed in school and in life. Although I am heartsick that Lis won't be here this year I understand her desire to be near her sister and with her Grandma as she recovers from lung surgery. She is such a thoughtful young lady. 

Their focus this year will be attendance and getting work turned in completed and on time. My focus will be my babies at work and surviving this remodel. This would never have been my desire but now it is our reality. The truth is this takes a lot of pressure off me during this hectic year of change.

Another unexpected answered prayer is for a little thing that is extremely important. Storage to put our household belongings while we tear our house apart and put it back together. All storage in our town and surrounding towns is full. Ugh! I called everyone I know that has a trailer. They are all full. The reality is we are all hoarders at heart. If we have space we expand into it. So now what? Next step was going to be putting it out their on FB to see if anyone would rent us space. There was no way we could afford the outrageous prices PODS charges. 

In steps our neighbor who is a realtor and is just completing his own remodel. He is about to empty his companies moving truck and offered it to us. Perfect timing, perfect price~FREE. God steps in once again with a solution I never would have thought of. One that will be better than any I was coming up with. 

Now I just need to PUSH on getting my weight down and energy up for this next year. Something tells me he has a plan to help me succeed in these also. Maybe instead of school at 7 am Kylie and I will be out walking the neighborhood listening to the birds sing. 

In Him,
Joyful

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are being given answers to your prayers that you had not thought of.

    ReplyDelete