I hope.
Rather than
I have hope.
This makes hope a verb an action. To have hope makes hope a noun. It is for me to act with hope in my life. There are circumstances that are difficult in each of our lives and it is for us to hope and even know that we are not alone. God promises to walk beside us through all things. Our family and friends are with us through our darkest storms and through our greatest triumphs. But we are to hope.
Beth and I went to get an MRI this week to see if cancer is now growing in her left hip. It is. She never wavered in hope. Her thoughts were positive in hope. Radiation shrunk the cancer in her right hip. We know it is effective. Never did she express doubt because it is growing even with the chemo. She was encouraged that she can get radiation and chemo at the same time. Her hope and belief is powerful. After chemo they are going to do a hysterectomy to remove her cancer filled uterus. What Beth is forward thinking. She said that after radiation on her left hip and the hysterectomy she will only have cancer in her lungs. She hopes that even that will be gone as it responses to the chemo. Her hope is active. Her faith is active and unwavering. Beth believes that she can be cured completely. But her faith also gives her hope in Heaven comforts her that when she leaves her earthly home she will be reunited with her parents and her savior.
Too often I am a doubter, a complainer and don’t fully believe in restoration. After Christmas I have a wonderful opportunity for healing relationships. My heart has protected itself by lowering my expectations so I won’t be disappointed. The truth is I am lacking hope and faith. I need to believe in complete restoration and healing. I hope. I believe. I pray. I trust. I need active verbs in my life to give me encouragement and strength. Beth is a great example of faith and positivity. I need to be more Bethlike in my life.
In Him,
Joyful
12-19-19
Beth sounds like a great person to emulate, using hope as a verb.
ReplyDelete