Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Quarantine Be Damned We are Celebrating Spirit Week Baby

A tiny idea has blossomed into a magical connection. I told Jenn we should encourage all of us in social distancing mode to get up, shower and actually get out of our pajamas. This was mostly for me not to go into a complete funk. She took the idea to the next level and turned it into spirit week and created a Facebook page called Social Distancing Spirit Week. So far we have had Green Day for Saint Patty’s and today is Bed Head/Best Head. The photos dropped on our page are fabulous! Jenn turned them into a video and almost 700 people are a part of an energy I couldn’t imagine. It is fun seeing my cousins and friends in the same video with coworkers, neighbors and others I have never met. We have members all around the USA and even an England lady. There are pictures of pets, men, women and even Mickey all decked out in green. Another fun twist that happened was that someone suggested we post what our ‘coworkers’ are doing as we sit in our homes rather than our offices or classrooms. Then think about what HR would say about what is going on. Too funny! The things our kids, pets and even spouses engage in are surely not appropriate for a professional setting. No one rolls on the floor or licks their body parts at work. However, we all have pets that entertain us while we sip our coffee.

I must admit that without this spirit week page, I would not be putting on makeup and feeling better about myself. Hopefully I would still shower but let’s be real I might not even do that. So here I sit with my coffee with Kylie dog beside me appreciating this movement that puts smiles on our faces. Go check out our Facebook group and invite others to join not for our numbers but because we never know who is struggling with depression in this time of isolation. Connecting and being silly with even not so perfect strangers can brighten even these lonely days of quarantine.

In Him,
Joyful
3-18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment