June 21st, the longest day of the year.
My Mom loved that her birthday was so special with so many daylight hours.
Last year family came and celebrated her 85th trip around the sun.
It was wonderful to see her with her birthday crown enjoying everyone and my sister’s famous banana nut cake that she loved.
This year each of us is taking time to enjoy our memories of my mom and grieve in our own ways.
Happy birthday in heaven Mom.
I am sure your celebration is epic, back in the arms of your one love, parents, my Scooter and all the others who are celebrating you today.
Rather than sadness today I am going to try my best to smile in the memories of the wonderful life you gave me and how much we are alike.
My hope is that I can be more like you in your love and humble ways.
You were so good at making it about others rather than yourself.
To that I aspire.
I miss you as much as I knew I would. I am thankful for all the years, all the trips, all the laughter.
Happy birthday Mom. I will drink a Diet Coke for you.
In Him,
Joyful
6-21-20
No comments:
Post a Comment