Saturday, July 17, 2021

Love People, Trust God

 Love people, Trust God


 

Too often we are disappointed by others and we just scratch our heads trying to figure out how this happened. The truth is we are not perfect......nope not even me. We all disappoint one another, judge one another, and sometimes feel we need to confront someone else. As we sit frustrated by others we fail to focus on the all too real fact that others are frustrated with us. We are called to love one another and trust God not the other way around. 

This week I have been doing the Kindness Challenge from Revive Our Hearts. Let me share with you that I fall short everyday. I am trying so hard to put away my judgemental self and just encourage and support rather than judge and condemn. It is clear when I open my mouth to "advice and help" I am putting another brick on a wall between the receiving person and myself. When I am thoughtful about how I want relationships, it is not to boss but to embrace. How could putting in my two cents bring the other person closer. It just makes them wonder what other areas of their actions do I find inadequate. 

Love people, trust God. Building a relationship with Him also means seeing how He interacts with me in love and acceptance. That is precisely what grace is. It is my job to see the strengths not the shortfalls of others. Those closest to me get the tap of my micromanaging wand way too often. Time for me to live in kindness. When I fall into my old pattern of finding fault, I need to be quick to ask for forgiveness. This morning I am going to do just that with my adult daughter. She is incredible but I don't point out where she is getting it right as much as I advice how she could do better. I am so sorry and I need to constantly ask for forgiveness in this situation not just with Natalie but anyone else I offend. 

In Him,

Joyful

7-17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment