I keep having life interrupted and extended times of rest. This clearly seems to be the season I am living. When my Mom was on hospice it was a still time to just be there with her. Followed by hand surgery, knee surgery, and now cracked ribs. This is a time when there is so much I could do, should do, even desire to do. But the reality is I have not taken these opportunities to reach for activities I enjoy but rather mindlessly watch Netflix and play games on my phone. Snap out of it Barbara! Although I have continued Bible study in the early mornings, I have not blogged daily like I want.
Last week, I did import all my Mom's bags of sd cards into my computer and began sorting them for my aunts, cousins and nephews. Although this was so sweet to see my family smiling back at me, it was also hard to know so many are no longer here.
The other tough thing about being still is that Ronnie B. has been like the energizer bunny getting projects around the house checked off. He poured ten yards of concrete a couple days ago and then is working with our kids to prepare for sod at their house. I cannot help with this except to run get needed supplies and keep them fed and hydrated.
My hope is to be grateful that this inactive time is temporary and I am healing each day. There are so many that have chronic conditions or progressive illnesses that keep them sidelined for life. That is not me. I need to remind myself to appreciate the health I have and know that this sit down is a time I could choose to be productive in quieter ways.
Time to blog and promote my book while being available to my Ronnie B. as he tirelessly gets things done. Perhaps he will have to join me in a trip to the hot springs to relax for his much needed rest.
In Him,
Joyful
7-10-21
No comments:
Post a Comment