Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Continue Your Story~Semicolon

The idea behind Project Semicolon, a nonprofit dedicated to raising awareness of mental illness, self-harm, suicide, and addiction. "A semicolon represents a sentence the author could've ended but chose not to,"

 I had a new awareness yesterday and I see the semicolon differently now. It is a symbol that suicide is not the answer........your story shouldn't end but continue. What I realized as I sat getting a memorial tattoo for


Hector and Ryan is that though their lives came to an end their presence lives on through all of us. The influence they had in life of bringing people together continues a week after Hector left and almost twelve years since Ryan died. Going forward I am going to think of the semicolon differently. I absolutely would change the ending of their lives but I am aware that death does not put a period at the end of our sentence. It just changes. Their lives bring us together in different ways. Getting a memorial tattoo from Hector's friend with Dorothy and Elissa was filled with laughter as Blue shared his own Hector stories. Life unfolds. Tears are shed. Grief comes in waves. Memories and connections are our gifts. I feel blessed.

 Happy 33rd birthday Hector we will celebrate you with your goodbye party.

In Him,

Joyful

12-15-21

No comments:

Post a Comment