My purpose is to know Him and make Him known.
That does not mean that I stand on a platform shouting scripture or cornering someone at a gathering to point out how they are going to hell. What it does mean is that I live my life in a way that others will see why I have the relationship with Jesus that I means everything to me. That peace beyond understanding and the way I love on others are where I want to live my life. Spending time with Him to fill up so I can pour out the love that flows through me. Am I perfect? Nope. I don't claim to be and I don't need to be. But I do strive to spend enough time in relationship with Jesus that I recognize His unconditional love even when I am not able to give it or receive it.
This week God put a word on my heart that I shared with a friend who is going through a storm. The truth is I needed this as much as she did. For years I have physically turned my hands up when I was trying so hard to release a circumstance to Jesus. By turning my hands up I was not gripping tight with my fists the way I wanted the solutions to unfold. What God put on my heart this week was to not only turn my hands up but to also count on my ten fingers what was going right in the situation. What promises could I claim. This simple act refocused us from the fear and helplessness and brought into clear view just how God was already moving in this storm. I love this image of that tiny seed growing into a tree capable of breaking rock. No conditions are so powerful that our God can't break us free. It is my job to trust and not wring my hands. That is so easy to say but so difficult to do. But if I remember that I can't wring my hands when they are palms up that may help.
'Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
And please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
In the dead of night whenever you call
And please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Tenth Avenue North By Your Side
You don't plant a seed with a ball bat or a megaphone. But you gently move the dirt and allow the seed to break free of the soil while you nurture it with what you are able to give. With
my hands up I am allowing to not only be with me in my worries but to
let him take my hands and pull me into His comforting embrace. God knows
I need to visualize my closeness with Him. That is where my comfort
comes from.
I'm writing a gospel, a chapter each day, what is the gospel according to me today. Joy, hope, comfort, peace and love are the words I want to cling to and share with anyone whose path crosses me today.
In Him,
Joyful
1-6-22
No comments:
Post a Comment