Yesterday I slept most of the day. This always makes me nervous and hoping that I am not getting sick or old. But we had such an incredible weekend to the San Juan Islands that I just needed to refuel after all the hikes and fun. So I rested. Today I feel energized and ready to take on shopping for Thanksgiving and prepping my dishes. This year Ronnie B and I are at our son Cameron’s family’s home. My part of the feast is just a few simple things. I will make gluten free cornbread casserole, sun dried tomato/pesto dip with veggies, and sweet potatoes with a scrumptious pecan topping. Years past I was in charge of the entire meal. This seems so much less exhausting. We never had large groups for Thanksgiving dinner but we sure should have. Having others bring dishes makes life a whole lot easier and more delicious. This year Ron’s brothers family will be joining and that will make us thirteen at the table. Sounds like so much fun.
What are you cooking? Who is sitting with you at the table? I hope each of you has someone to share this day with. Two years ago we lost my sister on the 24th of November. Her family will be around a table that won’t look as traditional. It is too soon for them to resume the turkey feast without her rolls and her bright eyes. Others will be mourning a loved one this holiday or a broken relationship. Let’s keep each other in our prayers as we thank God for our family and friends while recognizing there are those who are grieving a loss this holiday season.
Reaching out to connect with those who we are not physically close to this season is a must do not a get around to. It matters that we know we are in one another’s thoughts.

No comments:
Post a Comment