Friday, November 25, 2022

Millie and Me Blogging Away


Cc.   B.   Bvbv bc vvv. Gvb7]]]]]]]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\ M,

Millie is my blogger in training. She has watched me type on my iPad and now she is writing on her own. What a talented one year old. I love spending time with this family of six. What a glorious day of Thanksgiving. We cooked together and ate all day long. Charcuterie to turkey feast to a twelve foot table full of desserts. Captured moments where we connect as a group and as we have a private chat with the one. This was the first Thanksgiving that was a daylong event. What a wonderful idea! Just hanging out together was magical. I got to know my niece’s husband better as he shared his military year in South Korea. It was good to see that although I don’t stay in touch with my nieces like I should, we still have a connection across the miles. There was more variety of foods on the table than I ever enjoyed before. We all hit it out of the park on cooking. Even Tim’s green bean casserole was a hit. Everyone kept it gluten free so we didn’t worry about Britt’s allergies. Who knew that delicious bread could be gluten free?

Tim was the first to experience a turkey coma or was it a carb coma from all the dressing and mashed potatoes? But we all reached the end of the evening overstuffed more than the turkey we consumed. But we all joined him in loosening our belts or giving thanks for stretchy pants. 

It is difficult to know that there are loved ones who will not be here to share a meal with and we miss them and those who just couldn’t come to our table this year. What I know is that we are blessed with family and friends throughout our lives. Reach out to those who are spending the first or thirteenth holiday without a loved one. I so appreciated those who reached out to me on this second anniversary of my sister’s death.

Our pie masters made our overstuffed tummies find a bit more room  

So today my blog will begin and end with Amelia June adding her voice to this blog post. 

Weuw2gdvmw  ////wdjkwmf;x//sklfc.

I think she is getting the knack of this typing situation. She even modeled putting both hands on the keys. The future is in her tiny hands. 

In Him,

Joyful

11-26-22



No comments:

Post a Comment