Sunday, December 18, 2022

Brick and Mortar Fun with a Friend got me in the Christmas Spirit

 


This year I have done most of my shopping online. That is so convenient but yesterday I went out shopping with a friend. What a fabulous day it was. We shopped the high end stores like Dollar Tree, Big Lots and Walmart. Of course, we did drop some real money at Lowes on some tools. Then we rewarded ourselves with Christmas cocktails and appetizers at a fancyish restaurant. I loved being among the other shoppers who were carefully considering or frantically grabbing their gifts for loved ones. 

The truth is my mom and I went and did all our shopping on Black Friday starting at four in the morning. It was important to her to get to JC Penneys to get the free snow globes they handed out for all her kids and grandkids. We had to go in and out every exit since they only gave one to each customer and they had a limited supply. I don’t know how we did it but we always came away with enough for everyone. How I treasure those snow globes now that mom is in heaven. We would then go to Pat’s and wrap everything so mom could take gifts back to Arizona for family there and we would keep the ones for our kiddos. What joyous memories I have of shopping in the throngs of people. 

So I am excited that Jenn and I got out yesterday after a week at home feeling under the weather. It


brought me right into the Christmas spirit more than any of the predictable Hallmark movies can. Be sure to take a stroll in a mall for a big ticket item or a dollar store for stocking stuffers just to be out there in community with others purchasing the perfect gifts for the ones they love. Either way have a friend-filled week before Christmas. Tuesday my oven gets repaired so I can finally bake the date nut pinwheel cookies that my family is famous for. 

In Him,

Joyful

12-18-22

No comments:

Post a Comment