Next Tuesday, I get to meet with a neurologist about my essential tremor. This has been so life impacting in the last few months. I have switched to a spoon since food falls off my fork. I have tried to make sure my cups have lids. When Kenzie, our grandgirl, was with us, I scolded her with hot water for tea. The lid was not on since she was going to put her tea bag in.I had to ask for a scribe at the bank so the form was legible. It broke my heart when I signed a book for my audiologist and it was completely illegible. There are others that have tremors in both arms, head bobbing, and Katherine Hepburn speech. I am trying to be grateful it isn’t worse. But it is exhausting, frustrating, embarrassing, and depressing, not to mention progressive. Ronnie B and I have good insurance so I can get the tests I need to find the right solution. There is no cure but there are medicines and treatments that could help I just need to find them.
When I wrote my last blog a few days ago, for the first time it impacted my typing that just sent me into tears. For the first time in my life, I joined a support group on Facebook. I’m so glad I did. Talking to the neurologist with more information makes me more hopeful.
Please pray for me that I have a right attitude, hope, and learn to adapt life if this is my new normal. God put on my heart a couple months ago to start a podcast. I believe I am going to add that to blogging not replace blogging with it. God knows! He has always guided me in the past so I am trusting him with my future. One thing I am counting on is that it won’t affect my giving and getting hugs. That would be unbearable. Ronnie B is waiting for me to have a sexy Hepburn voice but he is so good at loving me through even this. I try to say not what if but even if that is how I am praying to look at this new situation. Susi’s dad was a wise man when he said growing old is not for sissies. I need to wipe my tears and be thankful even with my dancing arm.
In Him,
Joyful
2-23-23

No comments:
Post a Comment