Tuesday, August 29, 2023

I Don't Want More from You~I Want More of You.

                                     God doesn't want more from me he wants more of me.

This is something that comforts me. It is not about my accomplishments and I definitely cannot work my way into God's heart. His love for me is unconditional and his heart's desire is to simply spend time with me. Often I get caught up in the busyness of life and spin myself like I was on a hamster wheel. Forgetting that it is good to just be. I notice this when I get nervous or over stressed. Setting a frantic pace with an unreasonable to do list can actually be an avoidance strategy. Taking a breath and a break allows me to rest in his love but also let my feelings be heard. 

Isn't that the truth not only with God but with our relationships with one another? I really don't care if your house is spit shined when I come for coffee or if the spread at a dinner is divine. What I really look forward to is spending time with you and deepening our connection. Having a conversation is better than watching you kill yourself to tidy up the kitchen while I am sitting there since you don't want my help. 


I have written before about refrigerator friends. Those are the ones who stop by my house and know it is how it is without me frantically getting it ready to receive you. My gramma said there were ladies who came to visit that she had to put on her company manners. In other words, she couldn't be herself. Each of us including our Father wants to share life with others on a deep and personal level. Surface connections are fine for acquaintances but our closest family and friends need to be real with one another. Each of us needs someone to let us know if there is spinach in our teeth or our house smells like we should open up all the windows. 

It is important for me to remember that I don't need to do more for others but rather I need to spend time together to draw us closer. That is the lesson I take away from this line from my Bible study today. Hope you have a wonderful day. Give me a call. Stop by for a chat or just shoot me a text. I want more of you.

In Him,

Joyful

8-29-23
 


No comments:

Post a Comment