Saturday, October 7, 2023

Open My Ears and Zip My Lips


 I need to put this image up on my refrigerator as a reminder to listen more than I speak. My go to response is to grab a quick bit of information from someone else and then start advising them. Of course, they did not ask for my advice but only hoped I would listen. The other way this is way wrong is that I think I know better than them how to proceed with only a few of the facts and no background. Who am I that I have this superpower to get it right with so little information? 

So I am going to let this pup that I am naming Mortimer look me in the eye as I reach into my icebox that I need to zip my mouth and open my ears. There is a time to give my two cents. That time is when and if someone asks me for it. Until then, I am going to put my hearing aids on and simply zip it!

In Him,

Joyful

10-7-23

No comments:

Post a Comment