Friday, July 31, 2026

Lovely Days at Home Getting Done What has been on my List for Years


 Oh what a beautiful sunset and now what a glorious morning. Can I share with you my week so far? I have been having a problem adding pictures for a few months. Yes, rather than investigate how to fix the problem I just kept going through useless steps first on this iPad then on iPhone to allow me to post. Well, a couple days ago my phone quit working, So I had no choice to a stop posting pictures or quit blogging. The third choice came to me this morning and I turned to the all knowing YouTube channel to show me what was wrong. When my devices updated it turned on enhanced restrictions. That caused the problem. I was the bigger problem in not figuring it out rather than doing digital cartwheels to do what I wanted on this site. Now I can load a picture on the first step rather than the fortieth. Silly me for not turning to YouTube to figure it out sooner. 

How many of us just deal with the frustrations rather than figuring out the best way to proceed? I know I do this in so many areas of my life. Whether it is YouTube or a trusted friend who knows more than me, I want to get advice to make life simpler from now on. For years Ron has wanted me to figure out how to get new screens for our old prerenovation windows that fit. I have called people and even ordered some that were just not right. Last week, I asked Jon who knows everything about everything and he measured and is going to figure it out. He is more qualified than me period. So I am hopeful that this seemingly impossible task will soon be solved. Then we can open a window without fear of critters flying in. But for now our windows are closed because bigger critters are crawling through our neighborhood’s windows and bears are destroying kitchens to find food. So I will wait patiently for Jon to get the correct screens and hope that next summer open windows will not be dangerous. 

Back to my week while Ronnie B is on his brother and sister-in-laws sailboat traveling around Vancouver Island for a month. I have tackled my upstairs bedroom. Every nook and cranny, drawer and cabinet and taken volumes to thrift stores and dumpsters. Why could anyone possibly need nine bottles of Vicks or enough sweatshirts to wear a different one every day of winter? I got rid of shoes, purses, medications that were dated back to early marriage days. I remind you that we just celebrated our forty-ninth this year. I am embarrassed to say I lost my hearing aids. This morning they are on their charger found in the back of my pj drawer. I could swear I looked there for them multiple times. Maybe the critter that got in my mudroom last night moved them.

It has been a productive week. Now I can die and not have Ron and others realize what a jam it in a spot and forget it person I really am. Angelica knows since she typically is here helping me rid out and organize. But this week I chose to put on my big girl panties or are they old lady panties now and tackle my messes on my own. There are no longer bins under my desk or drawers filled with Bahama money where pens, staples and notepads should be. I feel lighter and less guilty now that things are where they should be and there are reasonable amounts of items for me to live with. 

I hope you are having a fabulous week whether it includes clearing up from bad habits or just sitting on the couch with a good book or good friend relaxing. Next week I plan to begin weaving. Yes Susi, I bought the mini loom as a reward for getting rid of so much that was bogging me down. Until then I will finish up the last loads of laundry and perhaps even make my bed with the sheets that sat in the dryer for days. I am after all still human you know!

In Him,

Joyful

7-31-26



No comments:

Post a Comment