I pride myself in being that random, weird person that others hold their breath to see what I might say. It is not easy being me. My mind is always coming up with inappropriate thoughts that I can only share a fraction of. My biggest fear is that as I head into the years of diminishing filters, I may be incarcerated for spewing my thoughts out into the world.
This predicament is all my father’s fault. He taught me early that if I didn’t know an answer I should just pause and make one up. He also had a fabulous sense of humor and was quite the trickster. His laugh was by far my favorite. My mom would just shake her head and purse her lips when he got going. Most of his “only in his head” stories involved made up embarrassing moments about my mom. He told of them getting to a camp spot after dark and mom needing to find a bush to go pee. As she started her flow a man turned a flashlight on her derrière and said to move over that she was getting his sleeping bag wet. Of course that never happened or did it?
My favorite people are those who will join in my tomfoolery and even elevate it to a different level. Susi gave me a shirt that says That’s a horrible idea, what time? Jenn gets me going until she or I pee our pants. Natalie can be just as random as me and will no doubt be with me in the back of a police car if one of us doesn’t come to our senses. Then there is Ronnie B who shakes his head like my mom did and reminds me……..filters, Barbara, filter. Like my mom, he knows it is useless to try to contain the wild hair when dad or I get going. That saying of I wanna live like that is in my head that I want to be unpredictable perhaps even shocking at times.
So let’s all enjoy coloring outside the lines and laugh so hard we have to cross our legs. It is only the laugh lines that should cause wrinkles on our faces. Who wants to have frown lines after all. So act as if you are carefree even through the dark days. Wringing our hands won’t make our troubles any less. Splashing in puddles till our pants are soaked won’’t either but it is a whole lot more fun than staying dry inside. So if you like me wanna live like that let loose and do what seems inappropriate sometimes. Perhaps you will be laughing along with others. Maybe even a police officer.
In Him,
Joyful
9-1-26

No comments:
Post a Comment