Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Reframing How I Recieve

Cherilynn shared this magical photo of a lunar eclipse on Facebook. I absolutely love it! It made me think of how different our perspectives are in life. Most took their photo straight up looking only at the sky and capturing the moon in it. While my friend gave the moon a natural frame which totally shifted the perspective. 

I have been doing my best to reframe moments in my life that caused me pain. It is healthier to consider another person’s perspective than to put my own spin on their intentions. How do I know their motives? But I can get caught up in the negative feelings about a situation rather than asking them for clarification or just believing the best about them. 

One of the most painful things I have encountered is having my heart misunderstood. Yet, I do that to others without giving them a chance to explain. What a waste of time and emotions. It damages my connection with them and shakes my confidence in myself. So I am trying to believe the best in others motives. Perhaps I need to be more of a Cherilynn photographer than a straight shot photo capturer. Such a beautiful way to see the world and to see others. 

 Capturing beauty in even the little things is a gift that I want to lean into. What a peaceful way to live. Lately, I have been sitting out on my backporch during the afternoon thunderstorms. For me the thunder and lightning is a majestic reminder of how God nourishes our world. Across the street Percy cowers and shakes out of the fear of the storm. How often I tremble in fear or shed tears over another’s misspoken word. It is possible to brush off hurts or get the truth about their intentions. Maybe they do have a problem with me that I need to explore or perhaps their word was not received as they meant it to be. Either way, I need to see the beauty in even a tiny spider web. After all, we are all connected even when one of us may be supper for the other. Thank you Cherilynn for sharing your talent and perspective with me. You are a true visionary.

In Him,
Joyful
9-9-26

By the way……Susi is older than me! Happy 71st bday my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment