Thursday, February 16, 2012

Celebration Instead Of Pity Party

My attitude drives my days. When I am caught up in all that is unfair I am a sour puss who accomplishes little besides my whining. On the other hand, when I celebrate the amazing people and possibilities in my life I sleep well and enjoy life. Too often I choose negative over positive even though I know true joy comes from appreciating not sniveling.

Recently with my ankle injury and some challenges at work I have become exactly what I despise. I have become a self focused excuse maker. Instead of enjoying the quiet time while my foot heals I have been impatient over what I could not do. At school, instead of making each day incredible I have let the negative feelings of others affect my program.

I know that I am responsible for my tone. Certainly I have not been laying my head on my pillow at night proud of the day I have created.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.

It is not possible to follow this most powerful command when I am throwing myself a pity party. It is past time to begin counting my blessings instead of my struggles.

~My ankle is healing.
~I love my students, challenges and all.
~I have amazing support of those I work with.
~Opportunities arise daily for me to reach out to others.
~Christ walks with me through all situations in life.

Okay, I know it is my JOY that brings me through. Jesus~Others~ then Yourself.
Can't put Jesus and Others first when I am self focused on my own struggles.
Adjustment is in order. So my 3 word prayer for this day, week, month will be.
'Celebrate each moment'

In Him,
Joyful
2-16-12

No comments:

Post a Comment