Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Seeing Dad In Troy

It makes me happy when I see my Dad in my nephew. We lost my amazing father decades ago and it has been hard not having his sweet smile and ornery self in our lives through the years. The memories of Dad are comforting but what really makes me smile is seeing him in the expressions and actions of my nephew, Troy. Troy has the same sense of humor and devilish gleam in his eye that my Dad used to get.

Whenever I come across something that I wish I could share with my dad I can always send it to Troy. He appreciates the humor that dad and I shared. Troy is such a great man in his own right but when he tips his head just so, it is like looking through a window to heaven.

Just like Dad, Troy never meets a stranger which is why he is so successful. He could sell paint to a blind man. Luckily, he works for Sherwin Williams so has ample opportunities to test his skills of persuasion.

Family traits are God's ways of keeping our loved ones alive. I am thankful Troy has such a resemblance to my dad. So I still have someone on this side of heaven that gets this Aunt's wit.

In Him,
Joyful
3-14-12

1 comment:

  1. As a child, every time I heard the song, "Hark the 'Harold' angels sing" I would envision your Dad {with wings} singing "Hark", "Hark", Hark"...

    To this day, every time I hear that song I think of him...

    You are so right. He is awesome! He might not be an "angel", but I'm sure he sings along with them now... Besides, a child of God doesn't play second fiddle to an angel...

    The cousin you love...

    ReplyDelete