Sunday, June 2, 2013

Do What You Want To, Not What You Don't

Whoops, the whole month of May slipped by without a single blog post written. This writing has been my lifeline for a few years. I so don't want it to slip away from my heart or my routine. Now that school is out for summer, I am hoping to get back into the habit of posting each day. As healing as blogging is, it is like anything else in life. It takes discipline and the carving out of time each day to make it happen.

How many opportunities in our lives are we grateful for when we actually participate. But oh the getting off our butts and out the door takes that umph of motivation. It is so easy to not do the things that we know benefit us like exercise, getting together with friends, bubble baths, and blogging.

Romans 7:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

In this verse, it reflects that we don't do what we should or want to and do what we despise. How many times have I pushed my chair back from the table and known I could have been satisfied with half of what I ate. Often I wish I could take back words that were slung from my mouth before my brain set the filter. So many other situations come up where I would like a rewind button on life. 

So this summer, besides making time each day to blog, I am going to try to walk my adorable dog, Kylie, eat less, swim more, and make time to organize and decorate my house. There the intentions are there. Now if I can just accomplish the focus and willingness to put this plan into action. 

In Him,
Joyful
6-2-13

Happy Birthday Ronnie B. in 2 days it will be our 36th wedding anniversary. A life spent together on this bumpy path we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment