Sunday, September 8, 2013

To Give Is To Get Back

Today my mother-in-love, Mary, and I went to Walmart to get her haircut and purchase a few things she needed. While we were filling the trunk and backseat with the oh-so-necessary purchases, a young man approached us on a bicycle. His gaged ears were about the biggest I have ever seen. He asked for a dollar if we could spare it. I told him I not only had a dollar but a bottle of water for him. When I reached in my purse there was a $10. on top so I handed it to him with the water. His expression was priceless and he gave me a sweaty side hug. I told him about losing my son, Ryan to suicide and asked him his name. Andrew told me he would pray for our family and I promised to pray for him.

On the way out of the parking lot, I stopped to give a dollar to another young man holding a 'homeless' sign. He was missing a couple teeth and was much in need of a bath. His name was Travis and I told him we would pray for his safety.

When we got home I took the laundry out of the dryer and a $10. bill fell on the floor. Wow! The Lord returns our kindness. I mentioned this to Mary and then went in the bedroom to actually put the clothes away. After the bed was cleared of laundry there laying wadded up on the bed was a one dollar bill. Excuse me? That is God assuring me that He is in control. He wants us to reach out to others with kindness and was pretty clear that He was pleased.

Now I know that the money from the dryer was mine all along but I didn't find a 5 or a 20. No, it was exactly what I had given away and in the order I gave it. This was no coincidence but a Godincidence!

         1 Corinthians 16:14-24 "Do everything in love."

In Him,
Joyful
9-8-13

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful story from a beautiful heart. Blessings to you and family.

    ReplyDelete