Thursday, September 24, 2015

Encircling Moms

I am certainly not an artist but I have a desire to start a movement.
Empty nest moms have precious time that we always dreamed of when our kiddos were small.
Moms in the trenches of raising families are so busy that their time is jam-packed.

Some moms raising families have extended families or church members who support them and help out. Others don't. 

Some empty nest moms are blessed to have grandkids near to nurture, love, bake cookies with, and give their daughters and daughter-in-loves some much needed time away.

My thought is why can't~why shouldn't empty nest moms encircle moms raising families with support, time away, and love? We can and we should. It is a win-win situation. We are available. They are at times overwhelmed. What better gift to give than the gift of our time. What better gift to get than time spent with young families. 

How this would look is still not clear. I have contacted a few empty-nesters to gather together to pray and discuss it. Another task is to talk to young moms about what would be the best support for them.

I am not an artist but I have a vision of encircling active moms while they tirelessly encircle their families. Let me know if you have ideas or want to be a part. An artist's help would be great.

In Him,
Joyful
9-24-15

1 comment:

  1. I love it. It would be so incredible and supportive. I know for myself it is a lot harder to have Luke around grandparents when he does not really have many that are in his life. Especially since none of his grandparents are religious in any way.

    ReplyDelete