Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Right After My Dental Appointment

The travel dust has settled from our Peru mission trip. Suitcases are unpacked, mail has been sorted, and our life routine has slowly returned. Time has come to begin thinking about my next steps forward. I am certain that  there is a perfect fit for my skills and my heart to connect with others. The challenge will be finding that place and convincing others that I am the right heart for the job. 

It would be easy to convince myself that I have nothing left to offer and get caught up in self doubt and insecurities. I could just procrastinate and not reach out for the next chapter but what I really want is to actively pursue my next step. To boldly go forward with a plan and a confidence that I can contribute to families. So today I make a plan. Dust off the resume, seek out the opportunities and let those who make hiring decisions know that I am here and ready to begin my next chapter.
I hear people say at times if it is meant to be it will present itself. Although I firmly believe in fate I also know that you must strive toward what you want and not sit idly by waiting for life to unfold. So I am starting today taking action and praying for the confidence to actually make the calls. Right after my dental appointment that I had the courage to make I will begin.

Philippians 3:13-14  “Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Wish me luck~better yet.....Pray for me.

In Him,
Joyful
6-29-16

No comments:

Post a Comment