Monday, November 12, 2018

Please Come Back Walter Kronkite

Calling Walter Kronkite- America needs you.
Doesn’t Walter have a son like Billy Graham had Franklin to carry on spreading love?
We need a news person who does one thing. Read the news.
Not interpret, give opinions, commentate. 
We had 60 minutes for getting that.

Now America is divided and I don’t see any other way to bring us together 
but to get Kronkite back on the air and cancel all cable news channels. 
If we are all hearing slanted news from such differing opinions 
there is no hope of us bridging the wide divide that is politics in America.

It used to be that PBS Newshour and BBC were more balanced but even they are reporting one sided.

I am sick or right and left, Democrat and Republican
I am frustrated that our representatives don’t put our countries needs over politics.
I am tired of friends and families disconnecting over varying points of view.
When did we become a people that think it is okay to call each other 
Horrid names for having differing opinions?

My hope is that Walter or some network will go back to reporting the news in our country without giving us what they want us to hear based on right or left politics.
United we stand- Divided we fall.

Let’s go back to only bashing people for the sports team they like instead of all this political drama.

There is good and bad to both sides.
Intellectually we know that. 
Whether you are a Trump lover or a Trump hater 
you are part right and part wrong.

The one sure way you are wrong is when you judge others for their views.
Because just like them you are both right and wrong. 
I know for sure I am wrong in my opinions at least as much as I am right. 
But I am still entitled to my thoughts and beliefs.
What I am not entitled to is condemning others for theirs.

In Him,
Joyful
11-12-18

No comments:

Post a Comment