Monday, November 19, 2018

Listen, Listen, Shhhhhhh

Words My Daughter Has Banned Me From

Ottoman
Malpais 

I am sure there are several more that I am forgetting. 

So I admit I can be rather annoying at times. I repeat myself, say things over and over, interrupt and shift thoughts in conversation so others have no clue what I am talking about. Okay I can be a pain. The truth is I  try to catch myself and avoid these bad habits but more often I catch myself after I have committed the crime. 

Each of us have things that drive others crazy. Even those annoying people who wince when others mispronounce words or use the wrong tense make mistakes that they don’t catch in themselves. The way we speak is the way we speak and we don’t see our misspoken words only those others speak. 

So I am working on two separate areas. 
1. Stop cringing at others speech phoopahs.
2. Be more intentional about my own conversational blunders.

Maybe if I need to practice listening twice as much as I talk like God intended when he gave me two ears and only one mouth. It could be a good first step. 

In Him,
Joyful
11-19-18

No comments:

Post a Comment