I am so excited for my almost teenage grandgirl, Kenzie. She just made the varsity soccer team at her middle school. Who knew there was a JV and varsity at the middle school level. Her skills have been rocking soccer fields for most of her life. The image of her scoring the only goal in the state championship a few years back is forever in my mind’s eye. She slid to the ground as she shot the ball in for the winning score. Later, the coach advised her not to kick in a way that she fell to the ground. What? That style was epic and the goal would have been awesome but not nearly as dramatic or memorable without Kenzie flare.
Kenzie puts passion in every aspect of her life. She is a baker that continually has a heart to find yummy gluten free recipes to gift her mom with and she is incredible in choir getting the opportunity for solos at large singing venues. Although her talents are many it is really her heart that shines in our grandgirl. She puts in the effort to be excellent and propel her God given talents to excellence. What she loves is the participating in life even more than the accolades for her accomplishments.
My heart swells with love for my girl as I think of all the thoughtful ways she loves on people around her. Having a selfless heart is the most special talent Kenzie shares. She gets overwhelmed if she thinks she has hurt someone in any way. Perhaps her only flaw is trying too hard to always do the right thing. We all make mistakes and it is okay to allow ourselves to make those missteps without dwelling on them. Keeping focused on how she lives her life in such a giving way is who she should always see in the mirror. Oh the pressures of being the firstborn.
I don’t think I ever hear my Kenzie bragging or putting anyone else down. Her heart teaches me how I need to live my life. At almost thirteen, my grandgirl is one of the people I admire most and I aspire to be more like her. Well, not on the soccer field but.....................
Congratulations Kenzie B.
In Him,
Joyful
2-21-19
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment