So here is what I need right now. I need you to be the prodigal son’s father. Whatever mistakes I have made, whatever ways I have wronged you, I need your forgiveness. So we can run into each other’s arms and into each other’s lives again. This rift, separation is killing me. I believe it is not easy on you either. Those around us who are separated by this separation have no voice in the situation. So let’s say I am the prodigal son humbly coming home to beg forgiveness and another chance. So you be the prodigal son’s father so you can embrace me with my faults and all.
This is my prayer. This is my plea. That we put Christ in the center of this and trust that He can protect us from future hurts. Our relationship is worth the risk to come together and heal. Not that it is easy to forgive but this is not easy either. The silence is deafening. I can only imagine your pain when you read my texts or see my calls and how you must hurt to ignore me. You are protecting yourself from me but I truly believe that somewhere in your heart you know that flaws and all I love you with my whole heart.
You don’t have to put your faith in me but put your faith in Him. God can heal all things even this relationship that I long for with you. This is His fight not mine. I am trying my best to be silent and pray. But my pastor told me Sunday that I also need to take opportunities. So here I sit with my heart at my fingertips reaching out for you. God forgives me for my missteps. Now I need your forgiveness as well.
In Him,
Joyful
1-30-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment