So I never, I say NEVER watch scary movies or television shows. The old Adams Family and Hawaii five 0 terrified me. That phone hand could surely strangle me in my sleep. Well only if I was sleeping next to his phone box. But still!!!! My imagination makes it so I just don't go there when it comes to watching frightening stuff. Until last night.
Ron and I went out to dinner and came home to watch a movie. Our friend, Genea, suggested we watch a Netflix show called Don't F With Cats. Okay so we started this four episode show and it was riveting but also alarming. It is about an internet poster and the group that fervently tries to locate him. As you can imagine I was not really relaxed and ready for slumber after this video. In fact, it was so scary that Ron got up and locked the doors. Mind you before reconstruction when we bought new doorknobs, we went decades without a house key. Our little town is known for being pretty darn safe. The only visitors roaming our streets at night are the neighborhood deer, cats and an occasional bear. I may be minimizing the safety a bit because there are some coyotes that wander around as well. But none of them gave us reason to lock our doors. Genea is a traveling nurse who lives with us. Since she recommended this series we now understand why she always locks the doors. It isn't just because she comes from Albuquerque.
As scary as it was it was also hard to stop watching. Like driving past a horrible car accident, it was hard to look away. We were even tempted to watch the second episode but it was late and I knew I had to watch a few episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond to let my mind calm down so we went upstairs. Ron brought his heart rate down by going back to designing the perfect RV on his computer. We both slept well and no internet killers or critters were able to get in through our locked doors. Thank goodness!!
The lesson to me is that I have been right all these years avoiding shows that could too easily happen in real life. The fact that I don't have high blood pressure is proof that it is not only good for my mind but also my heart.
In Him,
Joyful
1-25-19
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment