Home~I am home. Last year started with time with my Mom at my home and I was planted here with precious time with her. Then in late March Ron and I took our RV trip to the Northwest to see our grandkiddos in Washington. The trip turned into a month long outing when our son, Cam, got a kidney stone. It was a wonderful time with family and with each other as we stopped at hot springs along our journey and enjoyed adventures with the kids. When we got home I went to Arizona to be with Mom at my sister's house then it was off to the Bahamas on our friend's sailboat. What a water adventure. I felt like I was living my best life. When I got back to Arizona Mom was needing even more support so I stayed. We all got to be with Mom for her 85th birthday and when she took her last breath. Ron and I loaded up the RV after her life celebration and headed to the beach. Are you seeing my water theme. It truly is where I am grounded. Then we were headed home. But that didn't last. Our daughter had complications with her pregnancy, our cousin Beth learned she had terminal cancer so the remainder of our 2019 was spent between Washington and the cancer center in Albuquerque. We ended the year back in California with kids and grandkids for Christmas. This time the water was a hotel swimming pool and hot tub. Beth passed last week with her family surrounding her. So here I am at home. My Kylie by my side, coffee beside me on my own couch watching the fire. Heaven.
My visit home is short lived once again. I am referring to my time home as visits because it seems I am gone more than I am home. Monday I am flying to Washington to take over our daughter's nanny job during her last couple weeks of pregnancy and to be there when Felix Ryan takes his first breath. I booked an Airbnb room in a house close to them for a month but Ron thinks I will need to be there possibly two months. So my visit home is short but the adventure awaiting me with the birth of my sixth grandchild, second grandson is incredible.
The fact that Ron and I do not have any kids or grandkids in New Mexico takes us on the road and in the air to be with them. What a gift! For now I will sit here and enjoy my visit home.
In Him,
Joyful
1-23-19
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment