Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Beth is With Me Still

Okay so I have been stressing with going through a loss this past week. The sad thing is in the midst of losing a close cousin I also lost my ipad and so I couldn't write. My head was filled with love and memories that my fingers ached to share. But my ipad has gone mia and my laptop was at home. We lost our Beth this past week. Cancer didn't take her but the flu did. It was tough being with her on her journey these past five months but it was also beyond enjoyable. Spending time with Beth in my first ever luxury ride was so connecting. We shared our stories, our hearts along with our time. It surprised us both that even when we thought we knew everything about each other there was so much more to our stories.

Beth loved so many.
Beth helped anywhere she could.
Beth believed.
Beth knew that Heaven is now her home.
Beth laughed.
Beth never met a challenge she wouldn't face.
Beth was an adventurer.
Beth was bossy.
Beth was independent.
Beth only wanted Amber dos equis.
Beth was my heart friend.
Beth was about family.
Beth was trusted.
Beth is in her forever home.

Beth is more than I could ever write. But Beth is home where her journey now truly begins. Earth is like a foster family that nurtures us and develops us until we can make our way back to where we belong. I am not sad for Beth. I am sad for me. I will not be going out for another brewski with my cuz or getting just the right lecture for my wrong thinking. She grounded me and supported me and helped me see what I couldn't always see on my own. I am sad that Ron and I didn't get around to picking the tile for our backsplash. Beth so wanted to set the tile for us. Even when Pastor Shawn does it for us I will look at it and think of Beth. She wanted to beautify our kitchen and do it with perfection. The truth is she is in our home from the wiring she did to the tin she gave us that sits on the counter. She surrounds us with memories of times shared.

Until we embrace again~~Well Done!

In Him,
Joyful
1-21-19

No comments:

Post a Comment