Oh how I love Jesus, oh how I love Jesus. That is a song that kept repeating in my head during the unbelievable birth of our precious Felix yesterday. What a treasure this day was with emotions that were deep and rich. Watching my daughter labor through exhaustion and Nate being present in his most perfect attention to her and the process was just intimately rewarding. The day was long. Her pushing hours were depleting her before our eyes but the two of them pressed on. That she chose to expose this most raw experience with family and friends was incredible. The room was large enough for each of us to have a front row seat to the miracle of birth. There was not a dry eye in the room when Felix entered our world. Natalie kept encouraging my girl throughout their journey. He was as impressive as she with his love, support and advocating for just what his family needed. I had the honor of being on her shoulder lifting her into the contraction during every push. Never in my life have I felt more honored than to be my daughter’s mom. She kept me close and allowed me to be of support physically and emotionally. After Felix was in her arms, she allowed me to help him latch on and receive the nourishment his glowingly exhausted mom had to provide. That will go down as one of my most treasured moments of life. Natalie so wanted her dad to be present at this birth. I’m not sure if Ron thought that was such a good idea. Lady parts and all you know. But he was there for the duration and taking pictures and loving his daughter and the love of her life. Ron is my hero and Natalie’s real dad. Oh how I love my Ronnie B.
Last night we came home to sleep and give them their family space but today I get to be there for whatever they want or need. Natalie and Nate are surrounded with the love and support of each witness to this birth experience. For that I am so thankful. Oh how I love Jesus, oh how I love Jesus because He first love me.
In Him,
Joyful
2-21-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment