Thursday, February 27, 2020

Fleas and an Unexpected Windowsill Encounter

Yesterday was a busy day of flea purging for Shibby and a header into a windowsill for me. The stress of fleas on our sweet Shibby was overwhelming to all of us but we rolled up our sleeves and thanked God for a vet across the street and a dog bath in the apartment building. This was how we began our day along with a not yet week old baby Felix. Then we ended the day with me feeding the animals and gracefully taking a header into the windowsill. I dropped the dog food scoop behind the chair so as I reached for it I braced myself on the chair. The clean wood floors turned into a slick when I spilled the dog water and the chair went in one direction and my body went in the window direction. I stopped my fall with a full head hit to the windowsill. Good news is I didn’t break the pot with a not so friendly cactus that sat on that sill. Poor Natalie heard the commotion and then the loud thunk and came running. Felix was crying for losing his food source and I was a wet pile on the floor crying for breaking my noggin.

The end of the story had Shibby rubbing her backside against my foot while I sat on the couch with a bag of Edemane on my head. Papa came over when Natalie called frantic that her mom was not okay. He is now holding the baby and Natalie is cleaning up the mess. Fortunately, I had most of the laundry washed and put away, dog was walked and the only thing left to do was take a breath and get ready to feed the wee one again in a couple hours. That saying that if it isn’t one thing it is another is so true. We started the day thinking we would get laundry done but not this amount of laundry that the fleas have created. None of us could have guessed that I would be out of the help mode and into the needing help mode but here I am being the patient rather than the helpful Noni. Tomorrow is another day and we will be ready for whatever unfolds even if we can’t always be prepared.

In Him,
Joyful
1-17-20

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a dramatic and dangerous fall. I hope you are all healed quickly, and that those fleas are gone.

    ReplyDelete