Kenzie scored the winning goal in her soccer game and I was there to witness it. I would say that I brought her good luck but the truth is that often it is Kenzie that scores the winning point. Her face beamed when the opposing coach told two girls to mark her. Marking means stay on her because she is too good. That she is considered a threat made her so proud. That coach was right. Even with two girls guarding her Kenzie kicked the ball through for the win. She was proud and I was honored to get to be there to watch her succeed.
Tonight I get the opportunity to drive her to a choir concert for the school board. Boy am I glad her mom and dad are busy and I get to be her chauffeur and audience. We can’t get dinner because she has soccer practice before her singing but we will perhaps get a treat after. Sometimes I find myself pouting that I don’t get enough time with my grandkids but then I realize how much I appreciate any time I do get with them. That is the gift. When we are together it is like we have not been apart. Our relationships are strong even through absences. But for today I am going to enjoy every moment with my grandgirl and try to plan something with her siblings soon. Feeling joyful not just signing this post that way.
In Him,
Joyful
2-26-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
How happy you sound to spend time with your granddaughter. Actually it is a big gift for her too.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I couldn't help but think (as I was reading this) that she "comes by this honestly"! You have been "marked" by your opponent {as well} but he will never be able to prevent you from "scoring the winning goal" [either] when the chips are down...
ReplyDelete