Sunday, February 16, 2020

My Gospel Today

“I’m writing the gospel, a chapter each day. What is the gospel according to me today?” I learned this quote in Sunday school probably when I was about twelve years old. It has always stuck with me that how I live my life and respond to my circumstances is seen by others as my faith or my lack of faith. Then there is the saying not to judge Christ by Christians which is a much better plan in my opinion. But the truth is we do look to those who believe for the way Jesus walks them through this life. That we are to be Jesus in the flesh is not a way that we are judged but how we are supported and comforted.

It occurs to me that I could not have lived life without my faith. There were too many heartaches in life to walk through alone. If someone came up to me and said let’s put a mirror on your life and see how you represented Jesus through your actions, I would cringe. My failures are overwhelming but it is not about my missteps but His love to bring me back into His arms. What I do know is that when I stay connected to Him through prayer, Bible study and with fellow believers, I am better able to handle the hurts of this life. This is what I need to make time for in my daily life for me and for those who watch me live out my path. It is a truth that keeping Christ in the center of my days is when I am the healthiest.

My relationship with Him is key to my health and happiness. When I keep from getting distracted by this world I am at my best. Others have a window to my faith as well as my failures. What is the gospel according to me today?

In Him,
Joyful
2-16-20

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your thoughts and this post. We fail and He always loves us. I love "God's love never fails" 1 Corinthians 13:8, I bought a sweatshirt with this verse on it as a Christmas gift to me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete