Monday, February 17, 2020

Today I Receive a Gift That I Hope to Share With You

Today is a special day for me as I await the arrival of my blog books about my Ryan. Leona gave me a book for Christmas and I am still reading through it a few posts at a time. Blogs are not conducive to reading since they show the last post at the top and the first blog at the bottom. It is difficult to read a blog chronologically online. So I am excited for twenty four books to arrive about my journey through my heart after I lost my son. Now to decide who to share these books with. I have to trust them because they are raw and unedited. I cringe as I see that I even made the ‘there, their, they’re’ mistakes on occasion. But these are not about the rules of grammar but sharing my mother’s heart through the loss of my son. It does occur to me to carefully select who to gift them to. They need to be people I trust and who love me and my son.

There are those of you who are at the top of my list. Those of you who have encouraged me to keep writing like Tammy, Heather and Terra. It makes me smile to see the lower case s at the bottom of some blogs that Susi edited. Does it make sense to share these books with those who have already read and will continue to read my blog? Yep! Somehow I need to know that these books will be read and treasured. After all, this is my heart, my faith, and my story on these pages.

I trust that someday my story will help another Mom who is suffering a devastating loss to see that she is not alone. That faith can get her through even this. This is ten years of a journey I never asked to travel but also a decade of faith and healing. The truth is I can easily order more than the twenty four books that are arriving today and probably will. Maybe I will even go back someday and clean up the grammar errors. But for now I think the raw form of my story is powerful just the way it is. Hope you agree,

. Email me your address if you want a copy. I know I want to send you one Terra. My address is barbers6@yahoo.com.

 Thank you Leona for making this possible. Your tireless efforts are one of my greatest gifts. It was beyond me to accomplish this myself. You are my hero and heart daughter. Years ago I stepped away from blogging and Tammy scolded me into writing again.. I am so grateful for her not so gentle push to bring the gift of writing back into my life. Susi thanks for editing for me. When you read this book you will see that there is much more editing to do if and when we want to. You were right I never should have used numerals rather than spelling out the numbers. Reading this book is driving me crazy that I thought that was a good idea. You knew. Heather I can’t believe you read my blog before we knew each other. God knew that we were meant to be family and that our loss would be an even greater connection. Sorry if I a leaving out anyone else who has walked beside me in my heart sharing. Each of you have been there with words, scripture, and your love just when I need it. I cannot even imagine going through losing my son without the gift of writing and the gift of you.

In Him,
Joyful
2-17-20

No comments:

Post a Comment