What a beautiful snowy day in the Northwest we are having. Here I am snuggled up on the couch in my quiet Airbnb under my blanket with a Bible study and hot cup of coffee. It is great that I can just be inside and look out at the softly falling snow. This is becoming the perfect home away from home. It has a hostel feel with people from all walks and seasons of life coexisting in this space. A couple days ago I shared the kitchen with a young lady from Canada. It was so fun cooking beside each other and sharing our life stories. God puts opportunities in my life and I can choose to embrace them. I am so glad I chose a room rather than renting an entire house or studio.
My Natalie is getting closer to the birth of this new grandson so I am thrilled that I get to be so close. It is a short five block walk to her apartment. We have been enjoying getting things ready for the baby and just spending time together.
Natalie’s nanny job is now my nanny job for a month or two. I told Rubiel her little guy that I am his temporary nanny so he should call me Tanny. What a gift to be able to be a place holder for my daughter and to spend time with him. I have worked with him on reading on past trips so we picked up where we left off. He handed me his homework and was a bit shy saying there were sinkers and floaters. That is what I call letters that dip below the line or don’t quite sit on the line. This thrilled me because he had incorporated some of what I shared with him.. By the way his writing was so much better this time because he was being more aware and intentional.
God places me where I am supposed to be. For now it is not at my home in New Mexico but right here in this rainy now snowy Washington. Embracing where I am is something I still need to work on but I am relaxing into the opportunities and realizing how blessed I am to be right where I am.
In Him,
Joyful
2-3-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago
You are definitely in the right place, waiting for that grandson and spending time with your daughter. That AirBnB sounds ideal for you.
ReplyDelete