This has been a hard week for me. Unexpected hurts have rocked my joy but through these there have also been miracles in relationships that I had lost faith in. Isn’t that the way of life? I seem to get an avalanche of dirt coming down on us in areas I had no idea where unstable at the same time situations I have thought were beyond repair turn around. The truth is just like this Coronavirus that nobody predicted would impact the globe in such a way, events in my life are not always predictable. A clumsy bonk on the head has taken my health in a direction I would not have imagined. Fortunately, I am praying this will only impact me for a couple weeks. That someone I love made a decision that could change his path leaves me confused and concerned for him. Rather than praying for outcomes in these situations I am trying to pray that God uses them however he sees fit. Resting in this dirt is not easy but in it I have time to grow in faith or be consumed by the darkness. God has me. He has always had me. On my worst days and on my best He walks beside me. When I am high in the clouds or buried in the ground He has me. That is my faith. That is my truth. My job is to believe and keep my focus on the outcomes that can come not the circumstances that are right now.
On the flip side of the dirt this week is the joy of praying tenaciously for months with little results and a tiny cloud is coming to give me hope that the drought is almost over. Of course I would love a downpour but for now I need to rejoice in the sprinkles that are bringing new life to a broken relationship. Over and over in my life God has proved that He can heal my broken heart. So I have faith that this is not going to only wet my appetite for renewal but that a renewing rain beyond my dreams is coming. Better keep my raincoat close by.
In Him,
Joyful
3-5-20
No comments:
Post a Comment