This whole no toilet paper in Washington thing has got me baffled. Doesn’t everyone have rolls of toilet paper under their bathroom sink even when there is no Corona Virus? When I get down to four rolls I go get more. The thought of running out of butt wipes is just enough motivation to get me to the checkout stand. My other thought is that we all have Kleenex in our homes and that will work in a pinch if we did happen to run out of TP. We have become a society that doesn’t wash our hands but uses hand sanitizer. The PURELL family thanks us by the way. But the truth is the shelves are empty on hand sanitizer but on the same aisle there is plenty of hand soap. So why the panic is my question. Ron’s only concern would be if there was a chance we might run out of Oreos. So he is all good! It seems we are being advised to have enough of everything for two weeks in our cupboards and refrigerators. If it gets to that point we will be thankful that we stocked up but I think people are going a bit overboard. You really can’t use 400 rolls of toilet paper in two weeks even in a family of six. Just when the crisis is over and the stores have all ordered more than necessary to cover the run on items, we will calm down. Nobody will be buying anything since they will have their own six month supply they need to get through.
What is not being talked about through this crisis is the effect it is having on deodorant. This I don’t understand. With all the stress of the virus we are surely sweating more from our anxiety. Being cooped up with each other through a quarantine would be miserable if the B~O factor kicks in. So I am going right past the toilet paper aisle and buying more of Ronnie B.s deodorant. Then I will be able to calm down.
Our refrigerator went out so we are not even able to stock up on food for a few days let alone two weeks. Luckily I can think on my feet. I called Jenn and told her she needs enough food for two weeks for four people rather than just her and Nina. Bottom line, Ron and I will be fed even without a refrigerator. Just leave the chicken dinners in our carport so we don’t infect you. Now I can rest easy and wait on the virus to come to New Mexico. The Barbers are prepared.
In Him,
Joyful
3-8-20
It sounds like you have a good stash of Oreos, thank goodness. I am baffled by people stocking up on toilet paper.
ReplyDelete