Monday, March 9, 2020

Washington to New Mexico Caustiously

My extended time in Washington is about to come to an end. I have been so fortunate to be here for a couple months spending time with family and just enjoying our new grandson’s birth and presence. Sometimes it is hard to shift gears. It seems that we get comfortable and settle in wherever we are. Last summer I was at my sister’s for months while my Mom was on Hospice. Now I have been here for this new beginning. Where I haven’t been in the last year is home. There are no plans for me to leave until June once I catch my plane to New Mexico. I look forward to being home and getting into the routine of life in my own space, my own place. Already I am making lists of tasks I want to accomplish, people I want to connect with, and places I want to revisit. Keeping my routine of Bible study and blogging each morning has been a good way to stay grounded through all my away from home times. Believe me I will miss my family in Washington but know they are always in my life. Thank God for Facebook and FaceTime their faces are never far from mine.

What I do anticipate when I get to New Mexico with the new reality of Coronavirus is that I will need to socially distance myself for a couple weeks. So far this life changing illness has not made its way to New Mexico but is growing in Washington. Although I long to see those I have missed in NM I will be responsible and keep my distance for awhile. Better safe than the one who spreads this virus further. Perhaps I will soon be connecting with everyone in my life with digital face to face time for a bit. How much less isolating is isolation when we can continue to see each other’s smiles. Another thing to be thankful for. This situation will hopefully clear by summer so we can all get outside and enjoy our barbecues and family reunions.

In Him,
Joyful
3-9-20

No comments:

Post a Comment