How I got my Noni name. Eleanor was just Noni to my kids. I had to check with her daughter to even find out her name. She was Noni the one who though not related included us as family. Her love and concern for being there for others was unlimited. She always had time to reach out and lend a hand or a hug for anyone who needed one. I thank God that Noni was a part of my children’s early years. So when my first granddaughter was born I hoped to be her Noni. Now my heart is filled as many call me by my chosen name. I am so thankful that young families who once were in my classroom made the transition from calling me Mrs. Barber to calling me their Noni. What a gift it is that my life still includes young adults that were in my classroom but also in my heart and now their young ones as well.
Who is a Noni
One who helps out where she can.
One who gets invited to children’s birthday parties and school events.
One who spends time with young adults whenever possible.
One who loves her grandkids beyond measure.
One who doesn’t apply filters at times to the worry of her hubby.
One who is generous.
One who is available.
One who shares her faith and heart.
One who is loved.
I aspire to be Noni.
In Him,
Joyful
4-16-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment