The days seem to be shorter somehow. Ron and I have been doing some much needed projects and organizing in our home. Along with busy work I am trying to do intermittent fasting so I only have bullet coffee until noon. Yesterday I looked at the clock and thought I was awful hungry for 11:30. Well it was actually 12:30 so boy did I succeed in my morning fast.
Ron’s tools are organized in freshly painted 1946 cabinets that used to be in our kitchen and I am working on going through the spare rooms where we stuffed items brought back from storage and my mom’s house. So much ridding out feels awesome. Hopefully duplicates and things we no longer need can be just what someone else is looking for. Nicole graciously took on the task of finding new homes for the items we are discarding. She jokes that our house is getting empty as hers is filling up. The thought was for her to put things on our local online garage sale site but the reality is she is finding use for some of it and gifting others who can use it with the rest. Our juicer went to her neighbor and many of my clothes went to young moms who are not opposed to my old lady outfits. I guess I am not as stodgy as I thought in how I dress. It feels good to put books on shelves and get them out of boxes. Thankfully Ron also put up three bookshelves in one spare room to display our treasures.
So this home bound season has been focused on shrinking. My waistline with Keto and fasting and my closets and cupboards of all the unnecessary stuff that has collected. Last night I had a dream that I had a heart attack and died in my sleep. Somehow I was able to see my family come together in our home. I guess the dream was fueled by the fact that I have been going through my mom’s things. What I know is that I don’t want my current hoarding to be a burden to anyone I love. I think my dream will help me say yes to more going out the door and less cluttering my life. Hopefully today I will be sitting down at noon to a delicious keto meal after filling my car to head over to Nicole’s.
In Him,
Joyful
4-15-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment