Saturday, April 25, 2020

My Choices~Your Choices~Support not Condemn

Okay here is my thought process. If my friend has been isolated alone in her home for six weeks and I have been isolated in my home for six weeks, isn’t it pretty safe to say that we are not a danger to each other in this pandemic? Pat is home with her pups and yesterday we decided that it was safe for her to come for the weekend. We didn’t hug each other and sat on opposite sides of the room but it is so good to have her here. I understand that we are not supposed to gather in groups of more than five but I am hoping that this visit is a safe one. Sometimes the loneliness is just too much to bear. I believe that in the next week or so I may be making the ninety mile drive to stay with her for a day or two. The news was blasting the Georgia governor today for letting his small businesses reopen under strict distancing policies. I hope his decision is a wise one. Thank God I don’t have to try to figure out this path for a whole community or state. It was hard enough to weigh the cost/reward of Pat’s visit. Let’s try not to judge our leaders too harshly. They are not making these decisions lightly and their hearts are to do what is right for our country and our world.  Mistakes will be made but not for lack of trying on both sides of the aisle. My thought is the only leaders who are making poor choices are those condemning others rather than lifting each other up and working together. This is new territory for each of us. Being prayerful through all of this is my best compass. Depending on that is so much more comforting than trying to figure out who is right and wrong on their approach to this unusual situation. My biggest prayer is to not be another one who judges others but one who believes we are all doing the best we can.

In Him,
Joyful
4-25-20

No comments:

Post a Comment