Someone posed the question that asked why do we pray when God is all knowing. The truth is we can include requests for ourselves and others in our prayers but that is not the reason we pray. Prayer is about talking to our best friend, our savior, our God. Communication is key in every relationship and spending time in prayer is simply that. Coffee with Jesus each and every morning is how I spend my mornings. The truth that He is always available and only a whisper away is a comfort. Without prayer He would still know just what is going on in my head, my heart, and my life. Spending time just checking in is the connection and relationship with Jesus that I want. To know Him and to make Him known is my life mission statement. So I need to spend time in His word and in conversation with Him to truly know Him. The second part of that statement is to make Him known. I can’t convince others that He is worth having a relationship with if I am not in a relationship with Him myself. Someone asked me why I was doing Young Life years ago. Should I really be pushing Jesus on young people. My heart and my answer are firm. Life is difficult. Life is not something we should try to do alone. Other people matter but honestly we all let each other down at times. Jesus is always right beside me and can be there for each of us if we just whisper His name. So I do have an urgency to be with Him and to share just how awesome it is to have Him at the center of my life. So why do I pray? Because having coffee with Jesus is time well spent. He goes for rides with me in my car, hangs out with me while I do the dishes, and even steps beside me when I am on a walk. Praying is like picking up the phone and checking in. Of course we talk about those loved ones who are on my heart and in His hands. I cannot imagine taking this journey that is my life without my relationship with Jesus and I pray you find your own relationship with Him.
In Him,
Joyful
4-28-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
4 days ago
Oh yes to everything you write in this post. Now I want to sit down with you in person and have a chat! In the Bible it also says that if we are in extreme crisis and can't find words to pray, God listens to "our groanings". He is always there for us, and also, prayer can be a time of listening to Him. Great post.
ReplyDelete