Friday, May 22, 2020

Becoming Available and Loved

I am so excited to be doing an eight week Bible study on Becoming Mrs. Betterhalf. As usual I am playing catch up and am finishing week one when others are through week two. But I will catch up and commit to doing this work to improve my relationship with my best friend. The study is at Elevation Church website and Holly Furtick is leading it. The Bible verse I am memorizing is Philippians 2: 1-2 this week. It is a powerful word on loving not just our spouses but each other.

2:1-2 Look at how much encouragement you’ve found in your relationship with the anointed one! You are filled to overflowing with His comforting love. You have experienced a deepening friendship with the Holy Spirit and have felt his tender affection and mercy. So I’m asking you, my friends, that you be joined together in perfect unity with one heart, one passion, and united in one love. Walk together with one harmonious purpose and you will fill my heart with unbounded joy. 

I love that my example for loving others including Ronnie B. is Christ’s love for me. Being humble in relating to others as Jesus humbled himself for me is how I need to let go of my own desires and come to a common heart and passion. Already I can feel myself changing and being more available to  Ron. That sounds crazy that we have been quarantined just the two of us in our home and yet have not been available to each other. We each grab our iPads and focus in even when we are sitting on the couch next to each other. He stays up late and sleeps in and I rise early and head to bed sooner than necessary. Part of that distancing is healthy but not looking at each other and having a face to face conversation day after day is not. So I am making an effort to connect with my guy more through this study.

One thing it asked me to consider was what I would like more from Ron. Then it suggests I give that to him and watch how it will come back to me. A physical touch through this isolation time is what I long for. I find myself missing the hugs of others and since that is not possible with anyone but my man I need to seek it more from him. So last night I rubbed his back as he sat working on his archeology and hugged him a moment longer than the quick hugs we have been exchanging. Heck, I have even been petting my Kylie dog more than before.

So what do you need or want from the ones you are quarantined with or from others who you talk to or video chat with? Is it to really hear you? To reach out more than once every couple weeks? Tell them. But more importantly give them what you need and watch how it will encourage them to change toward you. I recognize how blessed I am to be quarantined with my hubby but he is not the only contact I need during this time. So I am going to be joined in perfect unity with those I have been looking past that will make my heart full with inbounding joy.

In Him,
Joyful
2-22-20

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a good idea to give people what you want and need and see how they respond, maybe returning it to you. I am a widow and live alone, and mailed out 40 cards during this time of crisis, and enjoy when people respond. It is fine if they don't, God has a plan. He is a good God.

    ReplyDelete